Wist, Tyler, Ph.D.
Research Scientist-Field Crops Entomologist
107 Science Place
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0X2
Areas of Expertise:
- Field crop entomology
- Horticultural entomology
- Cereal-Aphid Predator and Prey Interactions
- Biological Control of Insect Pests
- Integrated Pest Management
- Aster leafhopper, vector of the aster yellows phytoplama, ecology.
- Consequences of phytoplasma infection on plant growth: canola, Camelina, wheat
- Chemical Ecology of Insect-Plant Interactions
- Pollinator ecology
- Refining and making accessible a dynamic action threshold model to describe population interactions of cereal aphids and their predators
- Aster yellows infection and population dynamics of the aster leafhopper in wheat, canola and Camelina in Western Canada
- New tools for integrated pest management of orange wheat blossom midge
- Integrated approaches for Flea beetle control –Economic thresholds, prediction models, landscape effects, and natural enemies
- Validation of lygus and other insect pest thresholds in commercial farms throughout the Prairie Provinces
- Development of new strategies for control of parasites in Alfalfa Leafcutter Bee Populations
- Developing a “push-pull” control strategy for greenhouse pests of tomato
- AAFC Saskatoon Research and Development Centre
- Entomological Society of Canada
- Entomological Society of America
- Entomological Society of Saskatchewan (President)
- Mori, B.A., Dutcheshen, C., Wist, T.J. (2017). Scrobipalpa atriplicella (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae), an invasive insect attacking quinoa (Amaranthaceae) in North America, 149(4), 534-539. http://dx.doi.org/10.4039/tce.2017.19
- Wist, T.J., Greis, R., Evenden, M.L. (2015). Differential parasitism by a generalist parasitoid is mediated by volatile organic chemicals of the herbivore’s host, 9(5), 515-527. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11829-015-9393-9
Other science related publications
- Nagalingham, T., T.F.S. Guimaraes, J. OTANI, H. Carcamo, T. Wist, J. Gavloski, A.C. Costamagna. 2016. Species composition and seasonal pattern of occurrence of flea beetles in the prairies. The 72nd Meeting of the Entomological Society of Manitoba held at Winnipeg MB from October 28-29, 2016.
- Wist, T. and Svendsen, E. (2016). "Update on the cereal aphid DAT project.", Prairie Pest Monitoring Network Meeting, Saskatoon Research and Development Centre, Saskatoon, SK, Canada, March 22, 2016. (Presentation)
- Otani, J.K., Costamagna, A., Szeitz, A., Cárcamo, H.A., and Wist, T. (2015). "Sticking with flea beetles in canola – Examining species, thresholds and beyond.", Joint Annual Meeting of the Société d’entomologie du Québec and the Entomological Society of Canad, Montreal, QC, Canada, November 8-11, 2015, pp. 20. (Poster)
- Otani, J.K., Szeitz, A., Costamagna, A., Cárcamo, H.A., and Wist, T. (2015). "Sticking with flea beetles in canola – Examining species, thresholds and beyond.", Joint Annual Meeting of the Société d’entomologie du Québec and the Entomological Society of Canad, Montreal, QC, Canada, November 8-11, 2015, pp. 20.
- Philip, H., Svendsen, E., Olfert, O.O., Olivier, C.Y., Cárcamo, H.A., Soroka, J.J., Otani, J.K., and Wist, T. (2015). Field Crop and Forage Pests and their Natural Enemies in Western Canada – Identification and Management Field Guide. (Report)
- Wist, T., van Baaren, J., Olfert, O.O., and Svendsen, E. (2015). "Parasitism and life history of Aphidius avenaphis (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) on two cereal aphid species in Saskatchewan (2015). (Published on the internet at: www.cps-scp.ca/publications.shtml)", - 2015 Pest Management Research Reports 2015 Growing Season. V. 54, Canadian Phytopathological Society (CPS).
- Wist, T., Olivier, C.Y., Gavloski, J.E., and Olfert, O.O. (2014). "Development of a dynamic action threshold for aphids in cereal crops.", 2014 Joint Annual Meeting of Entomological Society of Saskatchewan and Entomological Society of Canada, Saskatoon SK, Canada, September 28-October 1, 2014.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: