Waldick, Ruth, Ph.D.
Climate change impacts on agri-environmental systems
960 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C6
Areas of Expertise:
- Extreme weather and climate change impact assessment
- Agricultural and rural risk assessment
- Agri-environmental systems
- Extreme weather effects on agriculture: the effect of changing weather patterns on the ability of agriculture to operate.
- Examining the impact of trends in crop heat units on land suitability ratings in eastern Ontario
- Regional scenario model development: assessing agri-environmental performance under a changing climate in eastern Canada
- Sustainability metrics: Reactive Nitrogen indicator development
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Geography, Carleton University
- Yusa, A., Berry, P., Cheng, J., Ogden, N., Bonsal, B.R., Stewart, R., and Waldick, R.C. (2015). "Climate change, drought and human health in Canada.", International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12(7), pp. 8359-8412. doi : 10.3390/ijerph120708359
- Bizikova, L., Swanson, D., and Waldick, R.C. (2011). "Building on Lessons Learned from Landscape-Level Integrated Assessment to Inform Key Elements in ILM.", Geomatica (Ottawa), 65(3), pp. 267-281. doi : 10.5623/cig2011-043
Other science related publications
- Chipanshi, A.C., Qian, B., Smith, W.N., Desjardins, R.L., Waldick, R.C., Audet, R., Jégo, G., Worth, D.E., Champagne, C., and McDonald, D. (2015). "Climate information use and requirements in Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.", CCDS Workshop, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, October 21, 2015. (Presentation)
- Waldick, R.C. et al. (2015). "Mainstreaming Climate Change: Integrated Landscape Assessment, Decision-Support and Tool Kit – Lessons from southeastern Ontario (Briefing document)."
- Waldick, R.C. et al. (2015). Integrated Landscape Assessment and Decision-Support Process and Tool Kit for Mainstreaming Climate Change -- Guidebook to implement quantitative and qualitative aspects of the assessment (for use of newly developed software application).. (Guide)
- Waldick, R.C. et al. (2015). Identification and validation of extreme weather indicators for agricultural production and rural resilience in Ontario. (Report)
- Waldick, R.C., Bizikova, L., Bolte, J., MacDonald, D., Zaytseva, A., Lindsay, K.F., White, D., Gasser, P-Y., Mitchell, S.W., Vache, K., and Swanson, D. (2015). Mainstreaming Climate Change - Integrated Landscape Assessment, Decision-Support Process & Tool Kit: Guidebook to implementing the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the assessment.. (Book)
- Warner, K., Waldick, R.C., and others (2015). Farms to regions (Atlantic) 2015 Project update. (Report)
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: