Feisthauer, Natalie, MSc.
Soil and Nutrient Management Specialist
174 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario N1G 4S9
Areas of Expertise:
- Soil health and ecotoxicology
- Soil and nutrient management
- Assessment of tools and methods to evaluate soil health
- Assessment of the vulnerability of agricultural landscapes to loss of soil and nutrients
- Disseminating the applicability and usage of a unique “soil fingerprinting” framework that systematically characterizes and tracks soil quality changes induced by best management practices
- Identifying the capacity to improve soil and nutrient management in agricultural production systems of the Canadian Lake Erie basin
- Integrated nutrient management and multi-scale BMP assessment for priority Canadian agricultural landscapes
- Member of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC)
- Steering Committee Member of the SETAC Global Soils Interest Group
- Past President, Laurentian Chapter of SETAC
- Member of the International Association for Great Lakes Research
- Rosamond, M.S., Wellen, C., Yousif, M.A., Kaltenecker, G., Thomas, J.L., Joosse, P.J., Feisthauer, N.C., Taylor, W.D., Mohamed, M.N. (2018). Representing a large region with few sites: The Quality Index approach for field studies, 633 600-607. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.03.113
- Laamrani, A., Joosse, P., Feisthauer, N. (2017). Determining the number of measurements required to estimate crop residue cover by different methods, 72(5), 471-479. http://dx.doi.org/10.2489/jswc.72.5.471
Other science related publications
- Joosse, P., Laamrani, A., Feisthauer, N. Li, S. 2017. Assessing Vulnerability of Lake Erie Landscapes to Soil Erosion: Modelled and Measured Approaches. GC33D-1103 presented at 2017 American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 11-15 Dec.
- Laamrani, A., Joosse, P., Berg, A., Doris, P., Birchmore, J., Feisthauer, N., Hagerman, J. 2017. Mapping and quantification of soil cover on southern Ontario agricultural fields: Canadian Lake Erie basin. Earth Observation Summit, Montreal, QB, 20-22 June.
- Joosse, P., Reid, K., Huffman, T. Speranzini, D. Feisthauer, N. 2016. "Production system capacity for soil and nutrient management in the Canadian Lake Erie basin" in Proceedings of the 14th European Society for Agronomy Congress, Edinburgh, Sept 5-9.
- Joosse, P., Reid, K., Huffman, T. and Feisthauer, N. 2016. Defining and analyzing agricultural production systems to determine the capacity to make soil and nutrient management improvements in the Canadian Lake Erie basin. American Society of Agronomy, Phoenix, AZ November 7-10, 2016.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: