Haak, Dennis E., B. Sc.
Senior Soil Resource Specialist
PO Box 1000
6947 Highway 7
Agassiz, British-Columbia V0M 1A0
Areas of Expertise:
- Soil nutrient management
- Manure management
- In field livestock winter feeding
- Variable rate nutrient application
- Adoption trends of farm management practices
- Soil management carbon credits
- Farm scale precision injection of liquid dairy manure for corn production.
- Long term impact of nitrogen management in blueberries on nitrogen use efficiency, soil pH, electrical conductivity, and other soil parameters
- Assessment of nitrogen and pruning management in farm blueberry fields
- Design and analysis of AAFC’s Farm Environmental Management survey (name recently changed to Farm Management Survey)
- Haak, D. (2016). Canadian Manure Management Practices on Cropland from the Farm Environmental Management Survey (FEMS) 2011. http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.809784/publication.html (Electronic PDF), Canada: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. (Book)
- Haak, D. (2016). Manure Storage on Canadian Farms from the Farm Environmental Management Survey (FEMS) 2011. http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.809790/publication.html (Electronic PDF), Canada: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. (Book)
- Hoppe, T., Haak, D., and Hewitt, J. (2016). "Farm Environmental Management.", in Clearwater, R.L., Martin, T. and Hoppe, T. (eds.) - Environmental sustainability of Canadian agriculture: Agri-environmental indicator report series -- Report #4, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Chapter 5, pp. 38-52.
- Haak, D. (2011). Sustainable Management of Nutrients on the Landscape for In-field Livestock Winter Feeding Systems. http://publications.gc.ca/site/eng/9.694923/publication.html (Electronic PDF), Canada: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. (Book)
Other science related publications
- Bittman, S., Hunt, D., Koenig, K., Duynisveld, J., Mckenzie, D., Kroebel, R., and Haak, D. "Semi-Virtual Model Farmlets to Study Nutrients in Livestock Farms: Proposed Dairy System Case Study. 2016. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meeting 2016-Phoenix, AZ, Nov. 6-9.
- Haak, D., Bittman, S., Hunt, D.E., and Yu, S. (2015). "Characterization of Naturally Separated Dairy Manure Fractions.", ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Annual Meeting: Synergy in Science. Partnering for Solutions, Minneapolis, MN, USA, November 15-18, 2015, Poster. https://scisoc.confex.com/scisoc/2015am/webprogram/Session14462.html. (Abstract)
- Haak, D., Bittman, S., and Hunt, D.E. (2015). "Field Scale Management of Separated Dairy Manure Fractions", Waste to Worth: Spreading Science and Solutions, Seattle, WA, USA, March 31-April 3, 2015, Summary. Http://articles.extension.org/pages/72767/field-scale-management-of-separated-dairy-manure-fractions. (Abstract)
- Haak, D. (2014). Nutrient Loading Calculator (NLC) for In-Field or Extensive Livestock Winter Feeding Systems. Alberta Agriculture website, http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$Department/softdown.nsf/main?openform&type=NLC&page=information, Canada.
- Haak, D. (2014). Variable Rate Nutrient Application : Should I Consider It For My Farm? http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/science-and-innovation/agricultural-practices/soil-and-land/soil-nutrients/variable-rate-nutrient-application-should-i-consider-it-for-my-farm-/?id=1368026127650 (HTML and Electronic PDF), Canada: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Haak, D., Martin, T., McConkey, B.G., and Hoppe, T. (2014). "Adoption Trends of Environmentally Sustainable Practices on Canadian Farms.", 6th World Congress on Sustainable Agriculture, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, 22-25 June, 2014, http://www.ctic.org/WCCA/Proceedings/Abstracts/ (Summary). (Abstract)
- Haak, D., Timmerman, D., and Lastuka, D. (2012). "Sustainable Nutrient Management of In-field Livestock Wintering Systems.", 67th Annual Soil and Water Conservation Society Conference, Ft. Worth, Texas, USA, 22-25 July, 2012. (Abstract)
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: