Moreau, Debra L., Ph.D.
Research scientist - Entomology
32 Main Street
Kentville, Nova Scotia B4N 1J5
Areas of Expertise:
- Integrated Pest Management
- Insect ecology
- Insect vectors of disease in small fruits
- GIS landscape assessment
- Characterization of terroir in wine-grape regions in Nova Scotia.
- Determine status and management of key pests and viruses in commercial vineyards in Atlantic Canada.
- Prevalence of phytoplasmas associated with blueberries in Canada and validation of LAMP method.
- Impact of spotted wing drosophila populations on the commercial production of lowbush and highbush blueberry in Eastern Canada.
- Development of guide to insects of wine-grape in Canada.
- Study status, spread, and management of aphid vectors of strawberry decline disease.
- Adjunct Professor - Acadia University
- Member of the Entomological Society of Canada
- Member of the Acadian Entomological Society
- Member of the Entomological Society of America
- AAFC-PMC National Working Group on Insect Pests of Berry Crops
- AAFC-PMC Canadian Technical Working Group on Spotted Wing Drosophila
- Borza, A.D., Annan, N.T., Moreau, D.L., Allan-Wojtas, P., Ghanem, A., Rousseau, D., Paulson, A.T., and Truelstrup Hansen, L. (2010). "Microencapsulation in genipin cross-linked gelatine-maltodextrin improves survival of Bifidobacterium adolescentis during exposure to in vitro gastrointestinal conditions.", Journal of Microencapsulation, 27(5), pp. 387-399.
Other science related publications
- Gillis, J., Bezanson, G.S., and Moreau, D.L. (2012). "Association of E. coli with various insect species emerging from the Thomas brook watershed.", AAFC-WEBS Thomas Brook Technical Workshop, Kentville, NS, Canada, October 17, 2012. (Presentation)
- Moreau, D.L. and Foster, L.J. (2012). Spotted wing drosophila: An update for Nova Scotia. - 148th Annual Report 2011 Nova Scotia Fruit Growers’ Association ( pp. 144-147). (Report)
- Song, J., Forney, C.F., Moreau, D.L., Jordan, M.A., Fillmore, S.A.E., and Munro, K.D. (2010). "Effect of fruit maturity and cutting on the respiration and volatile production of apple fruit.", 28th International Horticultural Congress (IHC2010): Postharvest technology in global market, Lisboa Congress Centre, Lisbon, Portugal, August 22-27, 2010. (Poster)
- Fan, L., Moreau, D.L., Allan-Wojtas, P., Doucette, C., Fillmore, S.A.E., and Walker, B.A. (2009). "Enumeration of lactic acid bacteria and evaluation of shelf life of a new type of yogurt’.", 9th Annual Meeting of the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT), Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA, USA, June 6-9, 2009.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: