Hebb, Dale, P. Eng. , M.A.Sc.
Environmental Research Biologist
32 Main St.
Kentville, Nova Scotia B4N 1J5
Areas of Expertise:
- BMP Assessments
- Water qualitiy and quanity
- Watershed studies
- Organic production
- Tree fruit irrigation
- Micro/trickle irrigation
- Tree fruit production
- Aquatic/ Terrestrial/ Agriculture CKD Liming Project: Application of CKD to Agricultural and Riparian Lands.
- Watershed Evalaution of BMPs (WEBs), Thomas Brook
- Organic Tree fruit production; environmental impact
- Organic vegetable production; environmental impact
- Association of Professional Engineer's on Nova Scotia
- American socielty of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- Canadian Society for Bioengineering
- Amon-Armah, F., Yiridoe, E.K., Jamieson, R.C., and Hebb, D. (2015). "Comparison of Crop Yield and Pollution Production Response to Nitrogen Fertilization Models, Accounting for Crop Rotation Effect.", Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems, 39(3), pp. 245-275. doi : 10.1080/21683565.2014.967435
- Goulden, T., Jamieson, R., Hopkinson, C., Sterling, S., Sinclair, A., Hebb, D. (2014). Sensitivity of hydrological outputs from SWAT to DEM spatial resolution, 80(7), 639-652. http://dx.doi.org/10.14358/PERS.80.7.639
- Sinclair, A., Jamieson, R., Madani, A., Gordon, R.J., Hart, W., Hebb, D. (2014). A watershed modeling framework for phosphorus loading from residential and agricultural sources, 43(4), 1356-1369. http://dx.doi.org/10.2134/jeq2013.09.0368
- Ahmad, H.M.N., Sinclair, A., Jamieson, R., Madani, A., Hebb, D., Havard, P., Yiridoe, E.K. (2011). Modeling sediment and nitrogen export from a rural watershed in Eastern Canada using the soil and water assessment tool, 40(4), 1182-1194. http://dx.doi.org/10.2134/jeq2010.0530
- Harker, D.B., Clearwater, L., Broersma, K., Chow, L., Hebb, D., Lapen, D.R., Miller, J.J., Scott, T.A., Stuart, V., van Bochove, É., and Yarotski, J.B. (2010). "Watershed Evaluation of Beneficial Management Practices: Lessons Learned Measuring Landscape Processes in Canada.", - Managing agricultural landscapes for environmental quality II, pp. 121-130.
- Sinclair, A., Hebb, D., Jamieson, R., Gordon, R., Benedict, K., Fuller, K., Stratton, G.W., Madani, A. (2009). Growing season surface water loading of fecal indicator organisms within a rural watershed, 43(5), 1199-1206. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2008.12.006
Other science related publications
- A special report prepared and sent out to the local wine grape industry in the aftermath of a major freeze event that caused damage at many vineyard sites.
- Rodd, A.V., Smith, E., Fuller, K. , Burton, D., Anderson, S., Henry, R., McMullen, D., Grimmett, M., Khakbazan, M., Fillmore, S., Nyiraneza, J., Janes, D., Jenkins, S., Murray, B., MacDonald, B., Jiang, Y. and Pratt, W. 2017. Temperature Based Fall Plowing. CRDC / FRDC Seminar Series 2016 / 2017. January 18th.
- Sinclair, A.C., Jamieson, R.C., Gordon, R.J., Madani, A., Hart, W., and Hebb, D. (2014). "Modeling impacts of residential and agricultural development and beneficial management practice scenarios on phosphorus dynamics in a small watershed.", American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting 2014, Montreal, Canada, July 13-16, 2014, pp. 1373-1391.
- Amon-Armah, F., Yiridoe, E.K., and Hebb, D. (2012). "A Comparison of Pollution Production and Crop Yield Response Models Using SWAT-Simulated Data for Watershed Management.", 2012 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES), Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, June 17-19, 2012.
- Hebb, D. (2012). "Thomas Brook 2012: Surface Water Quality Observations from 10 years for a rural watershed in Nova Scotia, Canada.", 21st Century Watershed Technology Conference and Workshop: Improving Water Quality and the Environment, Palace Hotel, Bari, Italy, May 27-June 1, 2012, Oral presentation.
- Hebb, D., Lees, B.M., and Fillmore, S.A.E. (2010). "Thomas Brook watershed; evaluation of BMPs in the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia.", 5th Canadian Society of Agronomy (CSA) Atlantic Workshop: Climate Change and Crop Health, Rodd Charlottetown Hotel, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada, January 19-20, 2010.
- Hebb, D., Lees, B.M., Fillmore, S.A.E., and Benedict, K. (2009). "Flow Along a Complex Stream and Its Impact for Agricultural BMP Selection.", 64th Annual International Conference of the Soil and Water Conservation Society (SWCS), Dearborn, MI, USA, July 11-15, 2009, pp. 93.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: