Helping Canadian businesses expand their export opportunities
Are market and regulatory requirements making it difficult to achieve your exporting goals? From getting food safety certifications to meeting import conditions, understanding and meeting international market requirements can be difficult. This process can make it challenging to export your products to new markets. However, the AgriAssurance Program: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Component is here to help. Certifications are still underway, even where travel restrictions are in place due to the pandemic.
The AgriAssurance Program can cover up to half of your certification costs. The program offers non-repayable contributions of up to $50,000 per project, or a maximum of $100,000 per applicant with multiple projects.
To qualify for the program, you must have a maximum of 250 employees and no more than $50 million in revenues.
The program can help you:
- Find out what you will need to do to get the certification or recognition.
- Establish what adjustments are required to obtain the certification or recognition;
- Adjust your existing Assurance Program, or your Management System to meet the requirements of a specific certification or recognition; and
- Verify that you meet the certification or recognition rules.
Eligible activities include:
- Contracting professional services to obtain third-party certifications or recognition for agricultural and agri-food products required to access a specific export opportunity;
- Hiring individuals dedicated to making arrangements for such certification; and
- Training key employees and travelling to enable the certification.
Visit AgriAssurance: Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Component to find out how you can benefit from this program.
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: