Be proactive in managing risk: Enrol in AgriStability
April 15, 2019
AgriStability supports you when you experience a large margin decline. It can help you mitigate risks; navigate market downturns and rising input costs; shield your farm from the impacts of drought, flooding, poor yields or other disasters; and access financing.
AgriStability is delivered under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, a five-year, $3-billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments meant to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector. Under the Partnership, programs like AgriStability, AgriInvest and AgriInsurance will continue to help farmers manage significant risks to their farms that are beyond their capacity to manage.
In 2018, a number of important changes were made to AgriStability:
- A cap to the Reference Margin Limit was added to ensure producers from all sectors have improved access to support. All producers are now guaranteed at least 70% of their historical reference margin.
- It now offers a simplified enrolment process for new and rejoining participants, with less paperwork. All you need is to submit your current productive capacity.
How to enroll
The federal government delivers AgriStability in Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and Yukon. If you live in these provinces, you must enrol by April 30, 2019. Begin your enrolment with a My AAFC Account. It's an easy, secure way to view all of your statements, file an adjustment and find information about AAFC programs.
If you live in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, or Prince Edward Island, note that AgriStability is delivered by your provincial government. Contact your provincial agriculture department to learn about the application process and deadlines.
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at email@example.com!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: