A Food Policy for Canada – Let's build it together
July 28, 2017
On May 29, 2017, Agriculture and Agri-Food Minister, Lawrence MacAulay, announced the launch of public consultations to support the development of A Food Policy for Canada.
A food policy will set a long-term vision for the Government of Canada's health, environmental, social, and economic goals related to food, while identifying actions we can take in the short-term.
An online survey is open now and the completion deadline has been extended until August 31, 2017. Canadians are encouraged to provide input to help shape a food policy that will cover the entire food system, from farm to fork. By participating in the survey, Canadians can share their views on four major themes:
- increasing access to affordable food,
- improving health and food safety,
- conserving our soil, water, and air, and
- growing more high-quality food.
Learn more about A Food Policy for Canada and complete the survey.
Have a question? Contact: FoodPolicy-PolitiqueAlimentaire@Canada.ca
Join the conversation: #FoodPolicy4Canada
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at email@example.com to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: