Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program now accepting applications
April 15, 2019
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada recently launched the Canadian Agricultural Strategic Priorities Program (CASPP), a $50.3-million, five-year program intended to replace the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program.
CASPP focuses on four priority areas:
- new technology adoption
- environmental sustainability
- strategic development and capacity building
- emerging issues
Examples of projects the program could support include artificial intelligence technology, tools to assess future labour and skills needs, bio-crops, environmentally sustainable farming techniques, or strategies to help the sector adapt to changes in consumer preferences.
CASPP projects must be national in scope or deal with cross-sectoral issues. Eligible applicants include not-for-profit organizations and associations, cooperatives, marketing boards and Indigenous groups.
Applications will be accepted throughout the life of the program until all available funds have been allocated.
Interested in applying? Read the CASPP applicant guide and submit an application now!
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Agri-info has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on this story? Contact AAFC Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch at email@example.com!
- Never miss an update. Subscribe to Agri-info today.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: