Language selection

Search

An Overview of E-Commerce Trends in Mexico

Alternative Formats

Description of this image follows.
Description of the above image (1 of 2)

Basic elements to consider for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) doing business in Mexico via e-commerce channels

Quick facts

Consumer spending:

Top method of accessing the Internet for shopping

Top ten packaged food sold online in Mexico

US$ millions

Description of this image follows.
Description of the above image (2 of 2)

Mexican customer behaviour and trends

Mexican consumers are starting to shop more online for edible goods due to their busy lifestyles, traffic in urban zones, more reliable access to Internet, and increased awareness of online shopping. This trend is beneficial to Canadian SMEs as there is greater opportunity to sell Canadian products in the Mexican market.

Mexican shoppers want:

Payment methods:

78% of online shopping payments are made online, while the remaining 22% are made offline.

Understanding Mexico’s online marketplace

Mexico’s top Internet retailers selling grocery online

Note: Top retailers selling grocery online is according to Euromonitor, Internet retailing in Mexico, 2016 report. Data represents total e-commerce sales.

US$ millions

Source: Euromonitor, 2016.

Give yourself an edge by registering to receive Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Global Analysis reports today. To join our distribution list, make a suggestion, or request a report, please contact the Market Access Secretariat at: aafc.mas-sam.aac@canada.ca


Alternative Formats

Help with Alternative Formats

An Overview of E-Commerce Trends in Mexico (PDF Version, 188 KB)

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Date modified: