Special Crops Value Chain Roundtable
The Special Crops Value Chain Roundtable (SCVCRT) brings together key leaders in the special crops sector including producers, processors, traders and other stakeholders. This Roundtable’s crop sectors include buckwheat, canary seed, forages, herbs, spices, hemp, mustard seed and sunflower seed. It focuses on capturing niche market opportunities to further grow the sector, building on the reputation Canadian producers have for growing high-quality products and being trustworthy suppliers. The Roundtable also focuses on transportation issues, health claims, the regulatory environment, traceability, value-added capacity, research and innovation and market intelligence.
- improve the competitiveness and sustainability of the industry
- increase added value to special crops by exploring new markets and uses
- be viewed as a global leader in environmental stewardship
- demonstrate the health benefits of special crops
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next roundtable meeting will be determined.
- Keith Jones – Rowland Seeds Inc
- Marco Valicenti – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Cedric MacLeod – Canadian Forage and Grassland Association
- Ted Haney – Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance
- Connie Kehler – Herb, Spice and Specialty Agriculture and Natural Health Product Coalition
- Glyn Chancey – Canadian Seed Growers Association
- Dave Carey – Canadian Seed Trade Association
- Pierre Petelle – Crop Life Canada
- Pete Desai – Mustard 21 Canada Inc.
- Darcelle Graham – National Sunflower Association of Canada
- Dan Bolton – Northern Quinoa Production Corporation
- Gordon Bacon – Pulse Canada
- Dave Macfarlane – Sakai Spice
- Lorne Kyle – Springfield Mills Inc.
- Kevin Hursh – Saskatchewan Mustard Development Commission, Canary seed Development Commission of Saskatchewan
- Blair Roth – Viterra
- Greg Sundquist – Saskatchewan Flax Development Commission
- Dr. Manjula Bandara – Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Darcy Driedger – Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Rejean Picard – Manitoba Agriculture and Food
- Tim Hore – Manitoba Agriculture and Food
- Laurie Adrien – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food and Rural Affairs
- Yvon Forest – Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec
- Dale Risula – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Simone Gobeil, Global Affairs Canada
- Bill May – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Darlene Blair – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Laura Anderson – Canadian Grain Commission
Overview of the Special Crop Industry 2014 Economic Profile
This report provides statistical information that promotes the benefits of crop diversification in agriculture, and analyses the overall economic impact of special crops to the Canadian economy.
Author: Mercantile Consulting Venture Inc. and Golden Meadow International Inc.
Date: June 2014
Roundtable research reports are available by special request by writing to email@example.com. The Industry Engagement Division reserves the right to withhold documents that contain sensitive or proprietary information.
Learn more about each roundtable:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- All Chairs Forum
- Bee Health
- Food Processing
- Industrial Bioproducts
- Special Crops
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: