Food Processing Industry Roundtable
Learn more about each roundtable
The food processing industry is one of the largest manufacturing industries in Canada, providing employment for over a quarter of a million Canadians and producing shipments worth $114.9 billion in 2018. It accounts for 17% of total manufacturing shipments and 1.7% of the national Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The food processing industry is an integral part of the Canadian food supply chain as it purchases about 40% of the Canadian agricultural production and sells over 70% of its output to Canadian retailers and foodservice providers.
- understand the challenges and opportunities facing the industry as well as the state of the business environment in Canada
- develop industry-government actions to improve the competitiveness, profitability and growth of the industry
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place in 2020.
Executive Steering Committee Members
- Daniel Vielfaure – Bonduelle Americas
- Annette Gibbons – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Cloutier – Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec
- Joe Makowecki – Heritage Frozen Foods
- Doug Alexander – LeadBetter Foods
- Irving Teper – Concord Premium Meats
- Rory McAlpine – Maple Leaf Foods
- Mark Pickard – InfraReady Products (1998) Limited
- John Nishidate – Grand Hale Marine Products
- Marco Valicenti - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Millette LeDuc – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Joann Perron – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The list of innovation organizations is a list of Canadian organizations that lists a wide variety of universities, research centres and institutes that specialize in food innovation.
Learn more about each roundtable:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- All Chairs Forum
- Bee Health
- Food Processing
- Industrial Bioproducts
- Special Crops
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: