Beef Value Chain Roundtable
The Canadian beef industry is a global leader known for its premium products, world-renowned genetics, innovation as well as its investments in food safety and quality. The Beef Value Chain Roundtable fosters collaborative industry-government action to secure an enduring competitive advantage for Canada in domestic and international markets. It also, fosters efficiency through innovation and research, supported by a strong regulatory framework to address challenges such as labour and antimicrobial resistance.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
National Beef Value Chain Research Committee, comprised of industry, provincial and federal members, focuses on collaboration and development of the National Beef Research Strategy.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place in 2020.
- Dennis Laycraft – Canadian Cattlemen's Association
- Francesco Del Bianco – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- David Haywood Farmer – Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Geoff Smolkin – West Coast Reduction Ltd.
- Graham Clarke – Canadian Renderers Association
- Melissa Dumont – Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
- Charlie Christie – Alberta Beef Producers
- Philippe Alain – Les Producteurs de bovins du Québec
- Joe Hill – Beef Farmers of Ontario
- Cedric MacLeod / Doug Wray – Canadian Forage and Grasslands Association
- Ryan Thompson – National Cattle Feeders Association
- Bob Wynands – Canadian Veal Association
- Cheryl Schroeder – Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Rich Vesta – Harmony Beef Inc.
- Andrea Brocklebank – Beef Cattle Research Council
- Kim O’Neil – Canadian Meat Council
- Nathan Pinney – Maritime Beef Council
- Tyler Bjornson – JBS Canada
- TBC – Cargill Limited
- John Ferraro – Retail Ready Foods
- Duane Ellard – Canada Beef Inc.
- Michael Latimer – Canadian Beef Breeds Council
- Michael Hall – Canadian Livestock Genetics Association
- Grant Zalinko – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Tim Metzger / Christoph Wand – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Keith Lehman – Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development Forestry
- Carlyle Bennett – Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
- Geneve Jasper – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Damien Chaput – Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food
- Luc Marchand – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Julie Dawson – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Geoff Adams – Global Affairs Canada
- Mark Samadhin – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Jaspinder Komal – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Connie Zagrosh – Health Canada
Learn more about each roundtable:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- All Chairs Forum
- Bee Health
- Food Processing
- Industrial Bioproducts
- Special Crops
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: