Organics Value Chain Roundtable
Consumer demand for organically grown and processed food has increased dramatically in recent years. As a result, Canada's organic market is flourishing. Any agricultural product that is labelled organic must comply with Canadian organic standards.
The Organics Value Chain Roundtable builds a shared understanding of the Canadian organic sector's competitive position and creates consensus on how to improve its performance and profitability. Members represent multiple commodities and a wide cross section of the Canadian organic value chain including producers, processors, distributors, retailers, food service and exporters, as well as provincial and federal government representatives.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following task forces address challenges in the sector and develop action plans in strategic areas.
- Increasing Supply
- Carbon Sequestration and Pricing
- Organic Public Trust
- Strategic Planning
- Input List
- Organics 3.0
The next Roundtable meeting will take place in winter 2020 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Marie-Ève Levert - The Bauta Family Initiative on Canadian Seed Security
- Alana Yuill - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Allison Grant – Southfield Organics
- Andrew Hammermeister – Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada, Dalhousie University
- Marilynn Boehm – Organic Alberta
- Tia Loftsgard – Canada Organic Trade Association
- Connie Kehler – Canadian Herb, Specialty Ag and Natural Health Product Coalition
- Dag Flack – Natures Path Foods Inc.
- Jérôme-Antoine Brunelle – Union des producteurs agricoles
- Keith Everts – Diamond Willow Range
- Lisa Mumm – Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds
- Ashley St Hilaire – Canadian Organic Growers
- Marion McBride – Farmer Direct Cooperative
- Sally Blackman – Canadian Produce Marketing Association
- François Handfield – Ferme aux petits oignons
- Tim Rundle – Creative Salmon
- Jim Robbins – Organic Federation of Canada
- Dunling Wang – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Laurie Adrien – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Keri Sharpe – Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
- Laura Telford – Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives
- Nicolas Turgeon – Agriculture, Pêcheries et Alimentation Québec
- Emma Holmes – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Anna North – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Valeriya Staykova – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Marie-Claire Hurteau – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Learn more about each roundtable:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- All Chairs Forum
- Bee Health
- Food Processing
- Industrial Bioproducts
- Special Crops
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: