Food Processing Industry Roundtable
Learn more about each roundtable
The food processing industry is one of the largest manufacturing industries in Canada, providing employment for 290,000 Canadians and producing shipments worth $117.8 billion in 2019. It accounts for 17% of total manufacturing shipments and 2% of the national Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The food processing industry is an integral part of the Canadian food supply chain as it purchases about 40% of the Canadian agricultural production and sells over 70% of its output to Canadian retailers and foodservice providers.
- understand the challenges and opportunities facing the industry as well as the state of the business environment in Canada
- develop industry-government actions to improve the competitiveness, profitability and growth of the industry
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place in 2021.
Executive Steering Committee Members
- Daniel Vielfaure – Bonduelle Americas
- Annette Gibbons – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Cloutier – Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec
- Irving Teper – Concord Premium Meats
- Mark Pickard – InfraReady Products (1998) Limited
- John Nishidate – Grand Hale Marine Products
- Dominique Benoit – Agropur
- Marco Valicenti - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Millette LeDuc – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Joann Perron – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The list of innovation organizations is a list of Canadian organizations that lists a wide variety of universities, research centres and institutes that specialize in food innovation.
Learn more about each roundtable:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- All Chairs Forum
- Bee Health
- Food Processing
- Industrial Bioproducts
- Special Crops
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: