Important Acts and Regulations
- Transportation 2030 and the Transportation Modernization Act (Bill C-49)
- Transportation 2030 is the Government’s strategic plan for a national transportation system. On May 16, 2017, the Government of Canada proposed changes to laws through the Transportation Modernization Act which promotes a transparent, fair, efficient and safer national freight rail system. On May 23, 2018, the Transportation Modernization Act received Royal Assent.
- Crop Variety Registration in Canada
- Helps ensure the development of new crop varieties which provide improved agronomic performance and reliability for producers, and consistent or improved quality for end-users.
- Canada Grain Act and Regulations
- Helps to support the Canadian grain sector. It establishes the Canadian Grain Commission as the federal agency responsible for setting standards of quality for Canadian grain and to regulate grain handling in Canada to ensure a dependable commodity for domestic and export markets.
- Plant Breeders Rights Act and Regulations
- Outlines the rights, protections, remedies, fees and charges, and provisions relating to plant breeders.
- Food and Drugs Act and Regulations
- Through Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, it helps to establish and enforce the nutritional and safety standards for all foods sold in Canada.
- Safe Food for Canadians Act and Regulations
- Helps ensure all food for Canadians remains safe for consumption through various stages such as processing, grading, and packaging.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: