Animal Genetics Sector
ATTENTION: Website preventative maintenance notice
As part of our ongoing efforts to improve service to our clients, please be advised that we will be performing preventative maintenance Saturday, May 15 from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. ET, which may affect the Agricultural Industry Market Information System (AIMIS) database and several web reports. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Animal Pedigree Act
The act aims to support breed improvement and to protect persons who raise and purchase animals. It carries out these goals by helping to create animal pedigree associations that register and identify animals.
The national contact for Animal Pedigree Act is:
Animal Registration Officer
Animal Industry Division, MISB
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
1341 Baseline Road., T5-4
Ottawa, ON K1A 0C5
Tel : 613-773-0231
Fax : 613-773-0300
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Statistics and data
- Animal Registrations, Transfers and Memberships by Species (Annual)
- Animal Registrations, Transfers and Memberships by Species and Breed (Annual)
- Dairy Animal Registrations (Annual)
- Canada's Animal Genetics Exports (for breeding purpose) (Annual)
- Statistics of Canada's Animal Genetics (Annual - Publication)
Open data portal
- Animal Registrations and Transfers
- Animal registrations and transfers - by region, breed within species, purebred status, and sex.
- The Animal Genetic Resources of Canada operates a gene bank for livestock and poultry genetic resources. AnGRC operates under the Science and Technology Branch of Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada, helping to preserve the genetic diversity of animal breeds in Canada.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: