Red meat and livestock export reports
This section provides information on red meat and livestock exports, along with other sectoral reports and links.
The table below represents the data to produce the graph above
|Source: Statistics Canada|
|Cattle for purebred breeding||3,213||3,716||2,821||3,756||3,225|
|Cattle for non-purebred breeding||7,115||3,485||2,401||2,802||1,977|
|Calves for feeding||6,163||5,404||10,112||11,494||8,774|
|Cattle for feeding||342,616||206,440||135,761||197,872||188,076|
|Fed cattle for slaughter (steers and heifers)||232,871||330,468||336,386||239,317||339,681|
|Non-fed cattle for slaughter (cows and bulls)||238,070||215,852||152,958||175,527||181,076|
|Other than purebred swine||5,767,977||5,656,975||5,596,993||5,247,798||5,092,765|
|Source: Statistics Canada
Prepared by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Animal Industry Division, Market Information Section
Live animal exports
Live animal exports to the United States - through ports of entry
Dynamic reports displaying exports of livestock (cattle, hogs, sheep/lamb, horses) to the United States through US ports of entry for the week/month/year. Data lags 2 weeks and revisions are monthly.
Red meat exports
- Exports by month – year-to-date cumulative (beef, veal and pork)
- Reports displays total Canadian beef, veal and pork exports by month, with annual subtotals. Data is updated monthly, revisions are continuous.
Source: Statistics Canada
Source: Statistics Canada
Other reports with trade information:
- Supply comparision by species between Canada and the United States
- Reports display Canadian and American annual inventory, slaughter, production, imports, exports hog/pork, sheep/lamb, cattle/beef.
Sources: Statistics Canada, USDA
- Monthly bison market and supply update
- Report displays Canada, United States bison inventory and number of farms, slaughter, carcass weights, exports and pricing.
Links to the Canadian Bison Association's website which hosts the monthly bison market reports.
- Annual game report by species in Canada
- Report displays slaughter, imports and exports of deer, elk, bison, wild boar, rabbits, musk ox, caribou/reindeer.
Source: CFIA and provincial governments
- Rabbit industry at a glance
- Report displays slaughter, consumption, prices, inventory (Canada and United States), imports and exports of rabbits.
Sources: CFIA, AAFC, USDA
Other trade data links:
- Statistics Canada's Canadian international merchandise trade database
- Annual livestock and meat tariffs
- Foreign market opportunity reports by region
- Aggregate import/export agriculture data
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Our service standards
Service standards play a vital role in our market information program’s commitment to planning, reporting and performance management. They clearly define the level of service that clients can expect under normal circumstances.
- Date modified: