Canada's turkey industry
... at a glance
- In 2019, Canada produced turkey products worth $382.6 million, contributing 0.6% of cash receipts to farming operations.
- In 2019, there were 523 regulated turkey producers in Canada. In addition to the 4,756 commercial poultry and egg producers in Canada, there are a large number of businesses associated with these production activities.
- In 2019, Canada produced 165.0 million kilograms of turkey (eviscerated weight), domestic disappearance of turkey in 2019 was 144.2 million kilograms.
- That same year, the average turkey farm produced 315,488 kilograms of turkey meat (eviscerated weight).
- In 2018, Canada exported over 9.6 million poults (young turkey) worth $29.7 million to 13 countries. The United States was the largest market (93% in head count). Other countries included Iran, Poland, and Colombia.
- That same year, 21.3 million kilograms of turkey meat and edible bi-products (fresh, chilled, frozen), worth more than $42.6 million, was exported to 37 countries, with the largest importers being South Africa, the United States, Cuba and Benin.
- Industry indicators
- Imports and exports
- Inter-provincial movements
- Storage stocks
Canadian Federally Registered Plants and Stations
- Codes of Practice for the care and handling of farm animals - Chickens, Turkeys and Breeders from Hatchery to Processing Plant
- Raising Chicken and Turkey Broilers in Canada
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Our service standards
Service standards play a vital role in our market information program’s commitment to planning, reporting and performance management. They clearly define the level of service that clients can expect under normal circumstances.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: