Surplus Food Rescue Program: Step 4. After you apply
Step 4. After you apply
1. Your application will be assessed
Once an application has been submitted for AAFC consideration, an acknowledgement notice will be sent to the applicant.
Note: An application is not considered submitted to AAFC until an acknowledgement notice is received.
After an application has been received, AAFC verifies that all required forms and declarations have been completed and there is sufficient detail in the application for a full assessment. If any forms or information is missing, program officials will contact you. If all required documents are not received by the time the application deadline closes, the application will not be considered.
2. AAFC will send you a Contribution Agreement
Should your application be approved, you will be required to enter into a Contribution Agreement with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
Once you submit an application, AAFC's goal is to
- Respond to general inquiries made to our phone number or email address before the end of the next business day
- Acknowledge receipt of applications within one business day
- Assess applications and send approval or a rejection notification letter within 30 business days or less of receiving a complete application package
Please note that even if a project meets all eligibility criteria, the submission of an application creates no obligation on the part of the Minister or AAFC officials to provide funding for the proposed project. The Minister retains discretion to determine, based on other public policy and public interest considerations, whether an application that meets the criteria identified in this Applicant guide will ultimately receive funding.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: