Emergency Processing Fund: Step 2. Who is eligible
Step 2. Who is eligible
Eligible recipients would be:
- for-profit organizations that are incorporated in Canada. They can include:
- Businesses and/or corporations
- Indigenous groups
Note: Eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into a legally binding agreement.
Eligible applicants must meet the principles and criteria and be involved in the food production areas as outlined in section 1.1 of the Applicant guide.
Seafood processing and manufacturing organizations are not eligible under the fund. The Canadian seafood stabilization fund provides assistance to the fish and seafood processing sector.
Eligible activities can be retroactive to March 15, 2020 and must be completed by September 30, 2020.
There are two objectives for eligible activities. Objective 1 will be the initial priority for funding under the program.
- Objective 1 - Emergency COVID Response (funded with non-repayable contributions). For example:
- adjustments made, as a result of COVID-19, to existing plants to implement added public health protocols and requirements and adapt production processes for the health and safety of workers and their families
- activities associated with humane slaughter of surplus animals as a result of COVID-19 at processing facilities
- Objective 2 - Strategic Investments (funded with repayable contributions). For example:
- improvements or modernization of food processing or manufacturing facilities to manage surplus stock; increase production; or that are operating at less than full capacity or closed, including conversion or adaptation of existing greenhouses to increase horticultural production
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: