Dairy Direct Payment Program: Step 4. After you register
Step 4. After you register
The Dairy Direct Payment Program is no longer accepting program registrations.
The Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC) will calculate individual payments based on the percentage of each holder’s quota relative to the provincial quota as of August 31, 2019. The CDC will work closely with each of the provincial milk marketing boards to deliver the funding.
Based on estimates and averages, eligible dairy producers can expect to receive approximately $315 per kg of daily quota. For example, a farm with 80 cows could receive around $28,000.
Government payments to producers under the program will be treated as income in the year the payment is received. Income tax will be assessed accordingly.
If you didn’t receive a payment
There could be a few reasons:
- You did not hold quota as of August 31, 2019
- You do not have a valid quota license registered with your provincial milk marketing board
- The farm belongs to an institution (school farm, research centre) that does not hold quota
- You did not register in the Dairy Direct Payment Program portal
- You changed your banking information after you registered in the Dairy Direct Payment Program portal and did not inform the Canadian Dairy Commission
- Your contact information hasn’t been updated with your provincial board, therefore we weren’t able to contact you
For more information, please call the Contact Centre at 1-877-246-4682 (TTY 613-773-2600) or by email at email@example.com and someone will assist you.
Our goal is to achieve our service standards at a minimum of 80% of the time under normal circumstances:
- respond to general inquiries made to our phone number or email address before the end of the next business day
Report on the Dairy Direct Payment Program
The report on the funding distribution for each province is as of March 31, 2020 and is based on producer registrations.
|Provinces||Funding distributed in millions
|Newfoundland and Labrador||2.12|
|Prince Edward Island||4.35|
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: