AgriInvest - Step 2. Who is eligible
Step 2. Who is eligible
Generally, you are eligible for AgriInvest if you earn income from the primary production of agricultural commodities and you:
- farm in Canada
- file an income tax return reporting farming income (loss) to the Canada Revenue Agency by the final filing deadline for the program yearFootnote 1
- file an AgriInvest form reporting sales and purchases of allowable commodities by the final deadline for the program year
Agricultural products that you produce and process on your farm may also be eligible. For information on eligible commodities, visit Is My Production Eligible for AgriInvest?
You may also need to comply with certain conditions set by your province or territory to receive government contributions. For more information, visit What is Cross Compliance?
For detailed program information, access the AgriInvest Program Guidelines.
Who can participate?
- individual producers
- partners in a partnership
- communal organizations
- landlords in a joint ventureFootnote 2
- limited partnerships
- Status Indians and Band Farms farming on a reserve
- custom feedlot operatorsFootnote 3
Who can't participate?
- government funded organizations, including research stations, universities and colleges
- landlords earning rental income (cash rent or payments-in-kind) for crop or livestock shares or arrangementsFootnote 2
- former federal public office holders or public servants who are not in compliance with federal conflict of interest guidelines
- dissolved corporations
Note: AgriInvest is delivered by the federal government in all provinces except Quebec.
In Quebec, AgriInvest is delivered provincially by La Financière agricole.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: