AgriInnovate Program: Step 2. Who is eligible
Step 2. Who is eligible
For-profit organizations that are incorporated in Canada.
They can include:
- Businesses and/or corporations
- Corporations and co-operatives in Indigenous communities
Note: Eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
Eligible applicants must also meet the principles and criteria outlined in the Applicant guide, such as:
- Providing a minimum of 50 percent of the funding towards eligible project costs
- Total Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada funding requested does not exceed $10 million
- Combined government funding being applied towards total eligible project costs does not exceed 75 percent
- Commercialization of innovative agricultural, agri-food or agri-based products, technologies, processes or services where the innovations will be introduced to the market when the project is completed
- Adoption of innovative agricultural, agri-food or agri-based products, technologies, processes or services where recent innovations are adopted and adapted to existing operations
- Demonstration of innovative agricultural, agri-food or agri-based products, technologies, processes or services, where all necessary testing and piloting has been completed, and which involve one or more of the following:
- Demonstration to a targeted user in order to secure a key customer necessary to penetrate the market;
- Production of samples for market validation; or,
- Creation of a reference or showcase site for pre-commercial demonstration.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: