Advance Payments Program: Step 2. Who is eligible
Step 2. Who is eligible
To be eligible you must be:
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or
- a corporation, cooperative or partnership of which the majority interest is held by Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You must also:
- be the age of majority in the province of operation;
- have produced/be producing and own the agricultural product; and
- be responsible for its marketing.
For a corporation, cooperative or partnership, one or more of the stakeholders must be the age of majority in the province of operation.
Eligible agricultural products
Agricultural products that are currently eligible for an Advance Payments Program (APP) advance include:
- Grains and oilseeds
- Fruits and vegetables
- Livestock (cattle, hogs, sheep, bison, rabbits, red deer, boar, goats, elk)
- Certain breeding animals intended to be marketed during the production period (cattle, goats, sheep, hogs)
- Bees intended to be marketed during the production period
- Fur pelts and cervid antler velvet
- Honey and maple syrup
If you do not see your agricultural product listed above, you should contact an Advance Payment Program Administrator to discuss whether or not an advance could be issued on the product.
Livestock that have been sent for slaughter, animals under supply management (for example, dairy cows and poultry), and breeding animals that are not intended for market during the production period are not eligible under the program.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: