Forward Regulatory Plan
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Forward Regulatory Plan for 2020 to 2022:
- is a publicly available list, with descriptions, of planned or anticipated regulatory changes (regulatory initiatives) that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada intends to propose or finalize within a 2-year period.
- may include regulatory initiatives that are planned to come forward over a longer time frame and that are indicated as long-term.
There are no proposed regulatory initiatives for 2020 to 2022. This information is up to date as of April 1, 2020.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has a multi-year plan to review its existing regulations. For further information please see the Regulatory Stock Review Plan.
The Agri-Food and Aquaculture Roadmap is a regulatory modernization plan to support innovation and economic growth and is based on findings from the targeted regulatory review of the sectors.
Forward Regulatory Plans are intended to help Canadians, including businesses, Indigenous peoples and trading partners, plan for
- opportunities to provide their feedback during regulatory development
- future regulatory changes
The Forward Regulatory Plan briefly describes each regulatory initiative and includes information such as
- who may be affected by a regulatory initiative
- regulatory cooperation efforts undertaken or planned
- opportunities for public consultation
- links to related information or analysis
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's contact information
The Forward Regulatory Plan will be updated over time to reflect, for example:
- progress in regulatory development
- changes to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's regulatory priorities or its operating environment
Consult Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Acts and Regulations web page for:
- a list of Acts and Regulations administered by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada;
- further information on the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives.
Consult the following for links to the Cabinet Directive on Regulation and supporting policies and guidance, and for information on government-wide regulatory initiatives implemented by departments and agencies across the Government of Canada:
To learn about upcoming or ongoing consultations on proposed federal regulations, visit
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: