Public opinion research and consultations
As part of a decision-making process, we provide Canadians with an opportunity to have their voices heard and their views carefully considered. It is important for the public to express their concerns and opinions in open forum discussions. By sharing their views, Canadians help to determine the direction of the Department's future policies, programs and services.
Public opinion research
At Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC), public opinion research is conducted to understand the needs and views of Canadians and of producers.
It is a legal requirement under the Federal Accountability Act for all government departments and agencies to provide contracted public opinion research reports to Library and Archives Canada. The reports are submitted within six months of completion of data collection. The reports are available in the language in which the research was conducted, and the executive summaries are available in both official languages.
Below are links to our most recent research.
- Consumer Perceptions of Food Qualitative Study
- Survey on Consumer Perceptions of Food (Wave V)
- Strategic Issues Survey and Focus Groups of Producers (Wave VI)
- Strategic Issues Survey of Food and Beverage Processors (Wave II)
- Research on Agricultural Education Survey
- AAFC Strategic Issues 2017 – Food Processors Survey, Wave 5
- Agricultural Awareness Baseline Survey
- Innovative Agricultural Technologies Public Opinion Research Report
- Strategic Issues Focus Group Study
- Consumer Perceptions of Food - Wave 4 (PDF)
- Modern Agriculture and Agricultural Awareness Focus Group Study (PDF)
Visit Library and Archives Canada’s website for a list of all Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada public opinion research reports.
If you would like more information on the public opinion research studies that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has conducted, you can contact the department's Public Opinion Research Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Share ideas: Canada Grain Act review
- Engagement with Food Industry Stakeholders on Revisions to “Product of Canada” and “Made in Canada” Labelling - What We Heard Report
- A Food Policy for Canada
- Consulting Canadians on the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement with the United States and Mexico (Global Affairs Canada)
- Next agricultural policy framework – share your experience and ideas
- Investing in the dairy sector: programs to support the sector in anticipation of Canada-European Union trade agreement
- Emergency Management Framework for Agriculture
Visit the Government of Canada's Consulting with Canadians website for a list of consultations currently underway in other federal departments.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: