Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency
The Canadian Pari-Mutuel Agency (CPMA) is a special operating agency within Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada that regulates and supervises pari-mutuel betting in Canada on horse races, to ensure that pari-mutuel betting is conducted in a way that is fair to the public.
The CPMA protects the betting public by ensuring that a modern and effective regulatory framework is in place.
The CPMA provides the following services:
- Provides permits, licences and authorizations to Canadian racetrack and betting theatre operators to conduct pari-mutuel betting on horse races.
- Audits and monitors pari-mutuel betting activities.
- Enforces pari-mutuel betting regulations.
- Tests horses to deter the use of prohibited substances through the Equine Drug Control Program.
- Provides information on the use of approved medications.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: