Research scientists and science professionals
Science positions at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) play a key role in providing Canadians with cutting-edge research required to support the priorities of the agricultural sector. These include addressing environmental challenges and enhancing efforts to better conserve soil and water.
You will work within a diverse team from across Canada and collaborate with academia, other government departments and agencies as well as the private sector. Positions will be staffed across Canada at one of AAFC’s national network of research and development centres to support discovery science and innovation in the sector.
AAFC is looking for researchers to lead scientific research programs in a number of emerging areas of science relevant to the agriculture and agri-food sector as well as scientific professionals who will undertake analysis to support these research programs.
Current areas of focus include:
- Increasing agro-ecosystem resilience and adapting to climate change through a systems approach
- Improving environmental performance of agriculture through Clean Technologies
- Unlocking the microbiome to increase soil, plant and animal health and productivity
- Revolutionizing germplasm development through phenomics, multi-omics or advanced genetics
- Enhancing risk management and reducing losses for producers through big data and predictive analytics
- Enhancing the nutritional value of foods and reducing the impact of antimicrobial resistance
We are seeking individuals with expertise in areas such as systems biology; bioinformatics and data analysis; multi-omics including phenomics, advanced genetics, artificial intelligence and machine learning; and other emerging areas of science to support the agriculture and agri-food sectors.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: