How to Participate in Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Accelerated Release Program
The Accelerated Release Program is a two-phase mechanism to fast track the release of promising potato selections developed by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. For a description of the program go to About the Accelerated Release Program.
This page provides the information required to participate in phase 1 and to request the new AR2017 selections for non-exclusive testing. It also provides information on phase 2 and the bidding procedure to obtain AR2015 selections for exclusive testing.
A brief description, picture, performance and quality data and preliminary disease resistance evaluations are provided for the AR2017 selections. A guide is also provided for the evaluation procedures and rating scales.
In addition to showcasing the new selections, the annual Open House includes displays and presentations related to the development and introduction of the new selections.
Phase 1: New selections (AR2017 series) offered for two years of non-exclusive field testing
- Requests for AR2017 selections under this phase of the program will be received until 4:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- Requests may be made on the AR2017 Selection Request Form.
- If the demand for seed exceeds supplies, seed will be allocated on a first come, first served basis according to date of receipt of written requests (regular or registered mail, courier or fax).
- Respondents will be contacted in writing prior to the end of March. At that time, respondents will be requested to sign a Material Transfer Agreement and remit a processing fee of $100 per selection, plus applicable taxes.
- Breeder's Selection Seed from the Benton Ridge, New Brunswick and Vauxhall, Alberta Potato Breeding Substations will be available for distribution in late April (10 kilograms per selection each year).
Phase 2: Accelerated Release 2015 (AR2015) series selections offered for exclusive testing in 2017
Fourteen AR2015 series selections are available. Interested parties have had the opportunity to assess these selections for two years and this concludes the non-exclusive testing phase of the program. We are now inviting cash bids from all interested parties for the exclusive phase of testing of AR2015 selections. You are welcome to bid on as many of these selections as you wish.
This offering is open only to Canadian registered companies. If you are considering a cash bid, please return the Cash Bid Package Request Form or you may contact Ms. Andrea Dilworth (Telephone: 506-460-4509, Fax: 506-460-4344, E-mail: email@example.com) and she will forward it to you.
The Cash Bid Package includes:
- the Bid Form and, if requested by courier, a Reply Envelope
- a copy of the Evaluation and Field Testing Agreement with the model License Agreement
Sealed bids for the selections will be received until 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday February 28, 2017.
Please direct any questions regarding the Accelerated Release Program to:
Ms. Andrea Dilworth
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
P.O. Box 20280
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 4Z7
Mr. Benoit Rancourt
430 Gouin Blvd.
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec J3B 3E6
Technical questions on the selections should be directed to:
Benoit Bizimungu, PhD
Ms. Agnes Murphy, PAg
- Date modified: