Innovation Express magazine
Innovation Express magazine is a round-up of what's new in science and innovation from across Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
As a key player in Canada's agri-food research and development (R&D) arena, we owe it to Canadians to keep our research visible and accessible. By doing so we also hope to enhance our dialogue with the sector and present opportunities for collaborative research.
We provide the agri-food sector with information, research and technology that generates wealth for producers and the country, and help achieve security of the food system, health of the environment, and innovation for growth. And, as a federal department, our work supports the overarching science and innovation directions of the Government of Canada.
We conduct research at 19 centres across Canada, where research teams take part in world-class science and innovation programs. This newsletter shows just a sample of what we do for Canada.
2015: Volume 6, Issue 1 – Addressing threats to the agricultural value chain
AAFC science helps protect our food supply (from insects, weeds, diseases and pathogens), supports other government departments and ultimately benefits Canada’s agriculture and agri-food industry.
2014: Volume 5, Issue 3 - Animal-related Canadian Agri-Science Clusters
Scientific achievements made by AAFC scientists under the animal-related Canadian Agri-Science Clusters - funded through the Growing Canadian Agri-Innovations Program under the first Growing Forward Agreement.
Past issues are available through PubliCentrale on Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Publications:
- 2014: Volume 5, Issue 2 - Pest Management Centre
- 2014: Volume 5, Issue 1 - Genomics
- 2013: Volume 4, Issue 2 - Crop Production
- 2013: Volume 4, Issue 1 - New Science and Technology Branch
- 2011: Volume 3, Issue 2 - 125 years of Agricultural Research: Rooted in Science - Innovating for the Future
- 2011: Volume 3, Issue 1 - Technology Goes into Action
- 2010: Volume 2, Issue 2 - Biodiversity
- 2010: Volume 2, Issue 1 - Joining Forces through Collaboration a Boon to the Sector
- 2009: Volume 1, Issue 2 - Food For Health
- 2009: Volume 1, Issue 1
Subscribe to receive email notifications when a new issue of Innovation Express and other pertinent science news is available.
- Date modified: