Chiquette, Johanne, agr., Ph.D.
2000 College Street
Sherbrooke, Quebec J1M 0C8
Areas of Expertise:
- constituents - fibre
- dairy cattle
- nutritional requirements - food-related disorders
- supplements and additives - probiotic supplements
- constituents - carbohydrates
- constituents - digestibility and nutritional value
- animal nutrition
- digestive system - rumen stomach
- Evaluating practices for reducing GHG emissions
- Use of molecular biology techniques to study the dynamics of the rumen micro-flora during the transition period: effect of probiotic supplementation on micro-flora and milk production.
- Evaluation of the protective effect of probiotics given to dairy cows during a lactic acidosis challenge
The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Ivan, M., Petit, H.V., Chiquette, J., and Wright, A.-D.G. (2013). "Rumen fermentation and microbial population in lactating dairy cows receiving diets containing oilseeds rich in C-18 fatty acids.", British Journal of Nutrition, 109(7), pp. 1211-1218. doi : 10.1017/S0007114512003030
- Chiquette, J., Allison, M.J., and Rasmussen, M.A. (2012). "Use of Prevotella bryantii 25A and a commercial probiotic during subacute acidosis challenge in midlactation dairy cows.", Journal of Dairy Science (JDS), 95(10), pp. 5985-5995. doi : 10.3168/jds.2012-5511
- Scott, S.L., Mbifo, R.S., Chiquette, J., Savoie, P., and Turcotte, G. (2011). "Rumen disappearance kinetics and chemical characterization of by-products from cellulosic ethanol production.", Animal Feed Science and Technology, 165(3-4), pp. 151-160. doi : 10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2010.11.020
- Chiquette, J. (2009). "Evaluation of the protective effect of probiotics fed to dairy cows during a subacute ruminal acidosis challenge.", Animal Feed Science and Technology, 153(3-4), pp. 278-291. doi : 10.1016/j.anifeedsci.2009.07.001
- Girard, C.L., Benchaar, C., Chiquette, J., and Desrochers, A. (2009). "Net flux of nutrients across the rumen wall of lactating dairy Cows as influenced by dietary supplements of folic acid.", Journal of Dairy Science (JDS), 92(12), pp. 6116-6122. doi : 10.3168/jds.2009-2351
Other Science Related Publications:
- Ouellet, D.R. and Chiquette, J. (2011). "Effect of dietary nitrogen and yeast supplementation on apparent diet digestibility snd microbial population in the rumen content if dairy lactatiing cows.", Journal of Animal Science, 89(Suppl. 1), pp. 372. (Abstract)
- Date modified: