Scott, Ian, Ph.D.
1391 Sandford Street, Southern Crop Protection and Food Research Centre
London, Ontario N5V 4T3
Telephone: 519-457-1470, Extension 281
Areas of Expertise:
- Assessment of insecticide resistance development in field populations
- Biochemical measures of insect metabolism
- Screening of insecticidal activity of plant extracts
- Monitoring of Colorado potato beetle (CPB) Leptinotarsa decemlineata L. (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) populations for resistance to neonicotinoid insecticides and cross-resistance with Insect Growth Regulators (IGRs) and novel insecticides
- Evaluating the mechanism of action of resistance in selected strains of CPB through biochemical and molecular measures
- Establishing baseline susceptibility of laboratory reared and field collected populations of codling moth Cydia pomonella L. (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae) to registered control products
- Assessment of natural products derived from pyroysis of crop residues and promising plant extracts for insecticidal activity
The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Hossain, M.M., Scott, I.M., McGarvey, B.D., Conn, K.L., Ferrante, L., Berruti, F., and Briens, C. (2014). "Insecticidal and anti-microbial activity of bio-oil derived from fast pyrolysis of lignin, cellulose, and hemicellulose.", Journal of Pest Science. doi : 10.1007/s10340-014-0568-4
- Liu, S.Q., Scott, I.M., Pelletier, Y., Kramp, K., Durst, T., Sims, S.R., and Arnason, J.T. (2014). "Dillapiol: A Pyrethrum Synergist for Control of the Colorado Potato Beetle.", Journal of Economic Entomology. doi : 10.1603/EC13440
- Hossain, M.M., Scott, I.M., McGarvey, B.D., Conn, K.L., Ferrante, L., Berruti, F., and Briens, C. (2012). "Toxicity of lignin, cellulose and hemicellulose-pyrolyzed bio-oil combinations: Estimating pesticide resources.", Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 99(January 2013), pp. 211-216. doi : 10.1016/j.jaap.2012.07.008
- Konopka, J.K., Scott, I.M., and McNeil, J.N. (2012). "Costs of Insecticide Resistance in Cydia pomonella (Lepidoptera: Tortricidae).", Journal of Economic Entomology, 105(3), pp. 872-877. doi : 10.1603/EC11342
- Bedmutha, R., Booker, C.J., Ferrante, L., Briens, C., Berruti, F., Yeung, K.K.-C., Scott, I.M., and Conn, K.L. (2011). "Insecticidal and bactericidal characteristics of the bio-oil from the fast pyrolysis of coffee grounds.", Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis, 90(2), pp. 224-231. doi : 10.1016/j.jaap.2010.12.011
- Mayer, T., Rochfort, Q., Marsalek, J., Parrott, J., Servos, M., Baker, M., McInnis, R., Jurkovic, A., and Scott, I.M. (2011). "Environmental characterization of surface runoff from three highway sites in Southern Ontario, Canada: 1. Chemistry.", Water Quality Research Journal of Canada, 46(2), pp. 110-120. doi : 10.2166/wqrjc.2011.035
- Mayer, T., Rochfort, Q., Marsalek, J., Parrott, J., Servos, M., Baker, M., McInnis, R., Jurkovic, A., and Scott, I.M. (2011). "Environmental characterization of surface runoff from three highway sites in Southern Ontario, Canada: 2. Toxicology.", Water Quality Research Journal of Canada, 46(2), pp. 121-136. doi : 10.2166/wqrjc.2011.036
- Booker, C.J., Bedmutha, R., Scott, I.M., Conn, K.L., Berruti, F., Briens, C., and Yeung, K.K.-C. (2010). "Bioenergy II: Characterization of the Pesticide Properties of Tobacco Bio-Oil.", International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering, 8(A26).
- Booker, C.J., Bedmutha, R., Vogel, T., Gloor, A., Xu, R., Yeung, K.K.-C., Scott, I.M., Conn, K.L., Berruti, F., and Briens, C. (2010). "Experimental Investigations into the Insecticidal, Fungicidal, and Bactericidal Properties of Pyrolysis Bio-oil from Tobacco Leaves Using a Fluidized Bed Pilot Plant.", Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 49(20), pp. 10074-10079. doi : 10.1021/ie100329z
- Scott, I.M., Thaler, J.S., and Scott, J.G. (2010). "Response of a Generalist Herbivore Trichoplusia ni to Jasmonate-Mediated Induced Defense in Tomato.", Journal of Chemical Ecology, 36(5), pp. 490-499. doi : 10.1007/s10886-010-9780-8
Other Science Related Publications:
- Abou-Zaid, M. and Scott, I.M. (2012). "Pyrolysis Bio-Oils from Temperate Forests: Fuels, Phytochemicals and Bioproducts.", in Bergeron, C., Carrier, D.J., and Ramaswamy, S. (eds.) - Biorefinery Co-Products: Phytochemicals, Primary Metabolites and Value-Added Biomass Processing, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chapter 14, pp. 311-325.
- Cáceres, L.A., McGarvey, B.D., Scott, I.M., Sumarah, M.W., and Hannoufa, A. (2012). "Apocarotenoid emission study in wild type and transgenic Arabidopsis plants over-expressing CCD-1 and their feeding effects against cabbage loopers.", 51st Phytochemical Society of North America (PSNA) Annual Meeting, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada, August 11-15, 2012.
- Scott, I.M., Carter, K., MacArthur, D.C., Alhemzawi, A., Bull, J., and Nolan, N. (2009). "Codling Moth Insecticide-Resistance Monitoring in Ontario Apple Orchards.", Pest Management Research Report, 47(Report #01), pp. 1-4.
- Scott, I.M., Tolman, J.H., and MacArthur, D.C. (2009). "Survey for Iimidacloprid-resistance and susceptibility to new products in Colorado potato beetle populations in Canadian potato fields.", Pest Management Research Report, 47(Report #17), pp. 53-55.
- Date modified: