Donly, Cam, Ph.D.
1391 Sandford St
London, Ontario N5V 4T3
Telephone: 519-457-1470 (277)
Areas of Expertise:
- molecular genetics
- insect neurobiology
- molecular virology
- membrane transport
- Discovery of novel targets in the lepidopteran nervous system for development of pest specific insecticides
- Global analysis of tissue specific gene expression of baculoviruses infecting the canola pest, bertha armyworm
- Characterization of multi-drug resistance transporters in moths and their involvement in pesticide resistance
- Adjunct Professor, Dept of Biology, University of Western Ontario
- Member of the Editorial Board of Advances in Biology
- Member of the Editorial Board of Chinese Journal of Biology
- Entomological Society of Canada
The links below lead to abstracts with access to full text.
- Donly, B.C., Theilmann, D.A., Hegedus, D.D., Baldwin, D., and Erlandson, M.A. (2014). "Mamestra configurata nucleopolyhedrovirus-A transcriptome from infected host midgut.", Virus Genes, 48(1), pp. 174-183. doi : 10.1007/s11262-013-0986-z
- Lam, F., McNeil, J.N., and Donly, B.C. (2013). "Octopamine receptor gene expression in three lepidopteran species of insect.", Peptides, 41, pp. 66-73. doi : 10.1016/j.peptides.2012.03.034
- Simmons, N.J., D’Souza, O., Rheault, M., and Donly, B.C. (2013). "Multidrug resistance protein gene expression in Trichoplusia ni caterpillars.", Insect Molecular Biology, 22(1), pp. 62-71. doi : 10.1111/imb.12003
- Labbé, R.M., Caveney, S., and Donly, B.C. (2011). "Expression of multidrug resistance proteins is localized principally to the Malpighian tubules in larvae of the cabbage looper moth, Trichoplusia ni.", Journal of Experimental Biology, 214(6), pp. 937-944. doi : 10.1242/jeb.051060
- Labbé, R.M., Caveney, S., and Donly, B.C. (2011). "Genetic analysis of the xenobiotic resistance-associated ABC gene subfamilies of the Lepidoptera.", Insect Molecular Biology, 20(2), pp. 243-256. doi : 10.1111/j.1365-2583.2010.01064.x
Other Science Related Publications:
- Lam, F., McNeil, J.N., and Donly, B.C. (2012). "Octopamine receptor genes in the cabbage looper, Trichoplusia ni.", Invertebrate Neuropeptide Conference, San Pedro, Chile, February 5-9, 2012.
- Lam, F., McNeil, J.N., and Donly, B.C. (2011). "Expression of octopamine receptor genes in the cabbage looper, Trichoplusia ni.", Insect Biotech Conference, St. Catharines, ON, Canada, June 8-10, 2011.
- Date modified: