Schmidt, Christian, Ph.D.
960 Carling Ave
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C6
Areas of Expertise:
- Cutworm and Owlet moths (Noctuoidea)
- DNA barcode diagnostics of Lepidoptera
- Taxonomy and identification of Lepidoptera
- Develop Systematic Knowledge of Arthropod Pests, Beneficial Arthropods, and Environmentally Sensitive Arthropods
- Assess Interactions and Impacts Between Invasive Alien Species, Agricultural Practices and Arthropod Biodiversity
- Develop a National Arthropod Information system Through the Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids & Nematodes, Provision of Expert Identification, Consultation & Training
- Associated Graduate Faculty, Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph
- Subject Editor, The Canadian Entomologist
- Editor, ZooKeys
- Member, Arthropod Specialists Subcommittee of COSEWIC, Environment Canada
- Member, The International Lepidopterists' Society
- Member, Entomological Society of Canada
- Member, Entomological Society of Ontario
- Lafontaine, J.D. & Schmidt, B.C. 2015. Additions and corrections to the check list of the Noctuoidea (Insecta, Lepidoptera) of North America north of Mexico III. ZooKeys, 527, 127-147.
- Rota J, Zacharzenko BV, Wahlberg N, Zahiri R, Schmidt BC, and Wagner DL. 2015. Phylogenetic relationships of Acronictinae with discussion of the abdominal courtship brush in Noctuidae (Lepidoptera). Systematic Entomology. 41(2): 416-429.
- Schmidt BC. 2015. Revision of the Lacinipolia vicina (Grote) complex (Noctuidae, Noctuinae, Eriopygini). In: Schmidt BC, Lafontaine JD (Eds) Contributions to the systematics of New World macro-moths VI. ZooKeys 527: 103–126.
Other science related publications
- Date modified: