Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia (MoFALI)
Memorandum of Understanding Between the Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food of Canada (AAFC) and the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia (MoFALI) on Cooperation in the Field of Agriculture and Allied Sectors
The Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food of Canada (AAFC) and the Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia on cooperation in the field of agriculture and allied sectors (MoFALI), hereinafter jointly referred to as the
Wishing to strengthen and expand the cooperation and public commercial relations in areas relating to agriculture and allied sectors between the two countries, with mutual benefit and respect,
Have come to the following understanding:
- The purpose of this Memorandum of understanding (MOU) is to further promote cooperation in the field of agricultural and food between Canada and Mongolia on the basis of mutual benefit.
- The Participants will support and facilitate information, technology, and commercial exchanges of mutual interest with a view of fostering long-term cooperation.
2. Area of Cooperation
- The Participants will collaborate in the areas mutually decided upon the following area interest:
- Plant production, processing and utilization;
- Animal production, processing and utilization;
- Scientific and technology cooperation
- The Participants may, upon their mutual consent, invite other stakeholders or others government agencies, scientific research and business organizations or associations to participate in the implementation of this MOU.
3. Mechanism of Cooperation
- The Participants will establish a Joint committee, which will meet every three years, or as needed, alternately in two countries, to coordinate, facilitate and follow up implementation of this MOU.
- The Participants may designate the following as their liaison organizations to implement the MOU on their behalf:
- For AAFC: The commercial section of the Embassy of Canada to Mongolia;
- For MoFALI: The commercial section of the Embassy of Mongolia to Canada.
- The Participants or their designate will meet annually on non-Joint Committee years or as required to review the implementation of the MOU.
- The Participants will ensure that their liaison organizations report on all meetings in a timely manner.
4. Intellectual Property
- The Participants understand that there will be no commercial intellectual property resulting from the cooperation under this MOU.
- Should the Participants foresee that activities within the scope of this MOU may lead to the creation of commercial intellectual property, they will decide in advance as to the ownership of any intellectual property rights and any other terms and conditions relative to those rights.
Each Participant will bear the costs and expenses of its participation in the activities and meeting.
6. Entry into Effect, Amendments and Termination
- This MOU will take effect on the date of signature by the Participants
- The Participants may amend this MOU upon their mutual written consent.
- The Participants may terminate this MOU by giving a six month written notice to the other Participant.
- The Participants will review this MOU and its cooperation mechanism every third Committee meeting from the date of its signature.
Signed in duplicate at Ottawa, this 28th day of September 2010, in English, French and Mongolian languages, each version being equally valid.
For the Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Minister Gerry Ritz
For the Ministry of Food Agriculture and Light Industry of Mongolia
His Excellency Tundervdorj Zalaa Uul
Ambassador of Mongolia to Canada
- Date modified: