Joosse, Pamela, Ph.D.
Research scientist - Soil and Nutrient Management; Land Resources
174 Stone Road West
Guelph, Ontario N1G 4S9
Areas of Expertise:
- Integration and synthesis of production and environmental knowledge for policy and sector support
- Production system characterization and analysis
- Soil and nutrient management practices, decision support tools and metrics for livestock and field crop sectors
- Identifying the capacity to improve soil and nutrient management in agricultural production systems of the Canadian Lake Erie basin
- Integrated nutrient management and multi-scale BMP assessment for priority Canadian agricultural landscapes
- Member of Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement Binational Nutrient Annex 4 Committee
- Member of Canada-Ontario Agreement on Great Lakes Water Quality and Ecosystem Health Nutrient Annex Committee
- Member of Soil and Water Conservation Society, and Organization to reduce phosphorus losses from agriculture (SERA-17)
- Rosamund, M.S., Wellen, C., Yousif, M.A., Kaltenecker, G., Thomas, J.L., Joosse, P.J., Feisthauer, N.C., Taylor, W.D. and Mohamed, Mohamed N. 2018. Representing a large region with few sites: The Quality Index approach for field studies. Science of the Total Environment 633:600-607. doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.03.113
- Laamrani, A.; Joosse, P.; Feisthauer, N. Determining the number of measurements required to estimate crop residue cover by different methods. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 2017, 72(5), 471–479
- McBride, R.A., Slessor, R.L., and Joosse, P. (2012). "Estimating the Particle Density of Clayrich Soils with Diverse Mineralogy.", Soil Science Society of America Journal, 76(2), pp. 569-574. doi : 10.2136/sssaj2011.0177n
Other science related publications
- Joosse, P., Laamrani, A., Feisthauer, N. Li, S. 2017. Assessing Vulnerability of Lake Erie Landscapes to Soil Erosion: Modelled and Measured Approaches. GC33D-1103 presented at 2017 American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 11-15 Dec.
- Laamrani, A., Joosse, P., Berg, A., Doris, P., Birchmore, J., Feisthauer, N., Hagerman, J. 2017. Mapping and quantification of soil cover on southern Ontario agricultural fields: Canadian Lake Erie basin. Earth Observation Summit, Montreal, QB, 20-22 June.
- Joosse, P., Reid, K., Huffman, T. Speranzini, D. Feisthauer, N. 2016. "Production system capacity for soil and nutrient management in the Canadian Lake Erie basin" in Proceedings of the 14th European Society for Agronomy Congress, Edinburgh, Sept 5-9.
- Joosse, P., Reid, K., Huffman, T. and Feisthauer, N. 2016. Defining and analyzing agricultural production systems to determine the capacity to make soil and nutrient management improvements in the Canadian Lake Erie basin. American Society of Agronomy, Phoenix, AZ November 7-10, 2016.
- Joosse, P., Speranzini, D., Reid, K., Huffman, E.C., and Feisthauer, N. (2015). "Defining and analyzing agricultural production systems to determine the capacity to make soil and nutrient management improvements in the Canadian Lake Erie Basin.", 70th Soil and Water Conservation Society Conference, Greensboro, NC, USA, July 26-29, 2015.
- Speranzini, D., Li, V., Joosse, P., Feisthauer, N., Reid, K., Jamieson, A.R., and Handyside, P. (2015). "Calculating Environmental Sustainability Metrics for Ontario Horticultural Production Systems.", Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada. (Poster)
- Date modified: