We help farmers and businesses produce the best possible food and agriculture products. We also help farmers manage risks while caring for the environment and keeping Canada's food supply safe. Learn about research and farming best practices.
- Agricultural Pest Management
- Learn about our pest management research projects, which have resulted in lower-risk pest control solutions for Canadian growers, and find crop profiles, field guides, fact sheets, strategies to reduce the use of pesticides, and other resources.
- Benefits of agroforestry practices, best practices for growing trees and how to plan and establish wind breaks.
- Climate change and agriculture
- Information on how changing climate affects agriculture.
- Soil and land
- Soil protection and management.
- Information on livestock watering, ponds and dugouts, watershed protection, wells and groundwater.
Learn more about the Canadian agriculture sector's most important environmental issues and discover how agri-environmental indicators are measuring the environmental sustainability of agriculture by reading Environmental Sustainability of Canadian Agriculture: Agri-Environmental Indicator Report Series – Report #4.
- Date modified: