Dairy Processing Investment Fund – 2. Eligibility
2. Who is eligible
Eligible applicants are
- for-profit organizations, including co-operatives, which are:
- small and mediumFootnote 1 cheese makers;
- large cheese makers and dairy processors involved in processing dairy products in Canada whose projects have benefits that accrue broadly, namely:
- the application of technologies to make use of surplus skim milk (for example, a project to purchase and install new milk drying equipment); or
- increasing the facility's capacity to use milk or milk components by 1.6% (rate established based on the expected impact from CETA) above the market forecast growth, through expansion or new product development; and
- Not-for-profit organizations involved in or representing the dairy processing sector in Canada.
Note: Not-for-profit organizations are only eligible for Access to Expertise projects.
Eligible applicants must be capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
Only projects related to dairy processing will be considered as eligible under the Fund.
The term "dairy" refers to milk from cows, ewes, goats, and water buffalo. It does not include dairy-free products or dairy-free alternatives such as those made from soybeans, rice or nuts.
The term "dairy processing" means:
- physical transformation of milk or dairy-based ingredients (for example butter, cheese, ice cream or yogurt)
- processing products predominantly comprised of inputs from milk or dairy-based ingredients
Ineligible applicants include:
- academic institutions
- federal government departments and agencies
- financial institutions, such as credit unions, chartered banks, etc.
- foreign governments including their departments and agencies;
- other levels of government (provincial/territorial/municipal)
Please note that the timing of application submission must allow for projects to be completed by the Fund’s end date of March 31, 2021.
- Date modified: