Career Focus Program – 2. Who is eligible
2. Who is eligible
Eligible employers are organizations who can offer projects that will give employees:
- agriculture career-related work experiences in Canada
- skills acquisition through mentoring and coaching
Note: eligible applicants must be legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements.
Projects must offer the employee meaningful work (internship) that may last up to one year and be for a minimum of four months. The project must last long enough to give the employee significant experience and possibly lead to long-term employment or self-employment.
Recruitment of participants and interns
Eligible employers are responsible for hiring and verifying the eligibility of participants for Career Focus activities. To qualify, participants must be:
- 30 years or younger when they started the internship
- unemployed or underemployed
- have graduated in the last three calendar years from a university, college, DEP, or CEGEP
- have not participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy program (that is, Agricultural Youth Green Job's Initiative)
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Date modified: