Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (2014-2019) — 4. What Happens After I Apply?
4. What Happens After I Apply?
After you submit your complete application, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) will:
- acknowledge receipt of your application within 1 business day;
- contact you if your application package is incomplete;
- assess your application and send you an approval or rejection letter within 100 business days of receiving a complete application package;
- contact you, if you have been approved, to discuss the next steps; and
- send you a draft proposed agreement, if you have been approved, for review within 30 business days of sending the approval letter.
AAFC aims to work within these timelines. Therefore these are not an exact indication.
AAFC will assess applications against the following criteria:
- Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program objective – how well the project meets the program objectives;
- Priority – how much of a priority the project is for the industry and/or government;
- Benefits to Canada - how much the project is likely to benefit agricultural producers, processors, other stakeholders and Canada;
- Quality of the work plan - clarity and completeness of the work plan and proposed activities in relation to previous or current work;
- Feasibility – How likely is it that planned results will be achieved within the timeline; how appropriate is the budget; consideration of project risks; and
- Capacity – the applicant's technical, financial and managerial capacity/capability.
AAFC reserves the right to ask for additional information needed to review the application.
- Date modified: