Swift Current Research and Development Centre Grazing and Forage Field Day
June 27, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Grazing and Forage Field Day at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Swift Current Research and Development Centre will showcase the latest forage and grazing research projects supported by government and industry. Join us for plot / pasture tours and oral presentations focused on new and long-term forage and grazing research that is relevant to Southern Saskatchewan.
Tour stops include:
- New and traditional legume and grass mixtures for extended summer/fall grazing
- New strategies to seed and establish saline tolerant AC-Saltlander green wheatgrass
- Best management practices to establish Sainfoin into existing pastures
- Grazing preferences of different native and tame forages
- Environmental and production benefits from deferred grazing of native species/pasture
Admission is $10 and includes beverages, snacks, and lunch. The field day will run rain or shine. For more information please call 306-770-4405.
For registration, please call Mr. Trevor Lennox at 306-778-8294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Airport Road
Swift Current, Saskatchewan
For more information, visit: Swift Current Research and Development Centre. We’re proud of our Canadian agricultural heritage! As one of the country’s original departments, AAFC is celebrating 150 years of service to Canadians.
- Date modified: