AAFC Research and Development Centre Open House at the Swift Current Museum
7 February 2018
6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
To celebrate the Swift Current Research and Development Centre (SCRDC) being part of the community for almost 100 years, the Swift Current Museum will be presenting a special exhibit on the research centre from January through March, 2018.
On the evening of February 7, research centre staff will be at the museum with hands-on activities to explain their work, including topics such as forage, soil, agronomy, cereals and special crops research.
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) invites people to the exhibit to:
- Learn about different types of forage and alternative crops grown in the semi-arid prairies
- See how crop diseases are affected when you practice different farming techniques
- Find out how scientists are using biotechnology to select new wheat varieties
- Learn how to distinguish mustard from canola
- Learn about different soils and how they’re affected by farming practices
- And much more!
Swift Current Museum
44 Robert St W
Swift Current, Saskatchewan
For more information, visit Swift Current Museum
As one of the country’s original departments, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is celebrating 150 years of service to Canadians. For more information, visit: Agriculture 150.
- Date modified: