For generations, agriculture has made significant contributions to Canada’s economy, food supply, environment and culture. On July 1, 1867, the federal Department of Agriculture was created and the first Minister of Agriculture was appointed. Today, Agriculture and Agri-food Canada, provides leadership in the growth, development and sustainability of the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.
Agriculture and agri-food is now a $100-billion industry: Canadian foods and beverages are found around the globe. Canada is the world’s fifth-largest exporter hitting new records every year. The agriculture and agri-food industry also employs 2.2 million Canadians (that's 1 in 8 jobs).
Find videos and more to see how much we've grown
Subscribe to AgricultureCanadaEng for more videos.
|November 3 - 12, 2017||Royal Agricultural Winter Fair||Toronto, Ontario|
|November 9, 2017||Five microfungi that changed the world||Ottawa, Ontario|
|November 7, 2017||2017 Fraser Valley Small Business Information Expo||Langley, British Columbia|
- Canada 150 Crop Art Explained: Precision agriculture and Agri-Geomatics
- Farm Credit Canada - Timeline of Canadian Agriculture
- Women in Science
- Quiz – Innovations Timeline
- Quiz – Product Matching
- New Beneficial Bacterium Named for Canada's 150th
- Central Experimental Farm gets 150 new trees and Canada 150 plaque
- Date modified: