Doing business in Latin America and the Caribbean
Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) represents a large export market for Canadian agri-food and seafood with Canadian exports of $2.5 billion for this sector in 2015. The region is home to over 430 million inhabitants and is comprised of over 46 individual markets to which Canada exports to 40. It is growing more and more attractive to global suppliers like Canada, particularly in the sectors of wheat, lentils, frozen pork, frozen French fries, canola oil and dried peas. Canadian agriculture, agri-food and seafood exports have more than doubled over the past decade, with two way trade also more than doubling - reaching $7 billion in 2015. Some great opportunities for Canadian businesses. The following information can enhance your business knowledge of the Latin American and Caribbean market.
- Market intelligence
- Access reports that discuss opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean, and learn about market trends in your market or sector of interest.
- Trade and investment agreements
- Find international trade and investment agreements and negotiations.
More support for business
- Agri-Food Trade Services for Exporters
- Find trade events, in-market Trade Commissioners, marketing tools and more to help you achieve your international business goals.
- Market access services
- The Market Access Secretariat (MAS) is your single window for market access and market development inquiries. Contact MAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch agri-food trade commissioners at your service and learn how your company or organization can benefit from export advice and guidance to help you achieve your international business goals.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: