Pulse Industry Roundtable
The term "pulses" refers to grain legumes such as chickpeas, dry beans, dry peas and lentils. The Pulse Industry Roundtable shares information and seeks to enhance collaboration through the whole value chain as well as finds ways to improve global competitiveness and profitability.
- create a shared understanding of key market challenges and opportunities facing the pulse sector and address information gaps.
- examine and address barriers to competitiveness and innovation.
- leverage opportunities to promote awareness about the benefits of pulse crops.
- consult, share and promote collaboration across the value chain.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive Intelligence Working Group develops strategies to improve the competitive position of Canada's pulse industry both domestically and in export markets.
- Collaborative Research Working Group identifies pulse research projects and priorities in Canada, communicates research results as well as influences research priorities at a federal and industry level.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place in 2020.
- Lee Moats – Pulse Producer
- Lisa Foss – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Martin Chidwick – Agrimonde Pulses Inc.
- Leanne Fischbuch – Alberta Pulse Growers
- Margaret Hughes – Avena Foods
- Marion Hunt – Hensall District Co-op
- Francois Labelle – Manitoba Pulse and Soybean Growers
- Ryan Koeslag – Ontario Bean Growers Association
- Gordon Bacon – Pulse Canada
- Carl Potts – Saskatchewan Pulse Growers
- Blair Roth – Viterra
- Elyce Simpson Fraser – Simpson Seeds
- Nathan Buhler – Scoular
- Robert Chomyn – Novozymes
- Rick Green – POS Bio-Sciences
- Mary Buhr – University of Saskatchewan
- Elaine Sopiwnyk – Canadian International Grains Institute
- Mark Olson – Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Dennis Lange – Manitoba Department of Agriculture
- Hugh Berges – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Dale Risula – Saskatchewan Agri-Food and Rural Revitalization
- Darlene Blair – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Derek Bunkowsky – Canadian Grain Commission
- Ning Wang – Canadian Grain Commission
- Geoff Adams – Global Affairs Canada
- Nathalie Durand – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Date modified: