Organic Value Chain Roundtable
The Organic Value Chain Roundtable builds a shared understanding of the Canadian organic sector's competitive position and creates consensus on how to improve its performance and profitability. Members represent multiple commodities and a wide cross section of the Canadian organic value chain including producers, processors, distributors, retailers, food service and exporters, as well as provincial and federal government representatives.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Investment funding – Clarify the national financial needs of the Canadian organic sector and identify present and future investment mechanisms.
- Data – Identify options and determine how to collect reliable date from the organic sector.
- Increasing supply – Identify sector issues and complete a sector analysis to identify supply needs and gaps.
- Research needs assessment – Prepare a research needs assessment for the next science cluster.
The next Roundtable meeting takes place on March 1-2, 2017 in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Paddy Doherty – West Enderby Farms Ltd.
- Sandra Gagné – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Alain Rioux – Filière biologique du Québec
- Allison Grant – Southfield Organics
- Andrew Hammermeister – Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada, Dalhousie University
- Becky Lipton – Organic Alberta
- Marie-Eve Levert – Canada Organic Trade Association
- Beth McMahon – Canadian Vintners Association
- Carl Carter – Canadian Health Food Association
- Connie Kehler – Saskatchewan Herb and Spice Association
- Dag Flack – Natures Path Foods Inc.
- Jérôme-Antoine Brunelle – Union des producteurs agricoles
- John Messina – Burnac Produce Ltd.
- Keith Everts – Diamond Willow Range
- Lisa Mumm – Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds
- Ashley St Hilaire – Canadian Organic Growers
- Marion McBride – Organic Connections
- Sally Bernard – Barnyard Organics, ACORN
- Sally Blackman – Canadian Produce Marketing Association
- Sara Harker and Troy Harker – Harkers Organics
- Ted Zettel – Organic Federation of Canada, Organic Meadow Cooperative
- Theresa Richards – Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network
- Tina Horsley – Aramark Canada Ltd.
- Tom Manley – Homestead Organics
- François Handfield – Ferme aux petits oignons
- Dunling Wang – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Hugh Berges – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Keri Sharpe – Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
- Dr. Laura Telford – Manitoba Department of Agriculture
- Nicolas Turgeon – Agriculture, Pêcheries et Alimentation Québec
- Susan Smith – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Anna North – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Michael Wood – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Marie-Claire Hurteau – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Date modified: