Organics Value Chain Roundtable
Consumer demand for organically grown and processed food has increased dramatically in recent years. As a result, Canada's organic market is flourishing. Any agricultural product that is labelled organic must comply with Canadian organic standards.
The Organics Value Chain Roundtable builds a shared understanding of the Canadian organic sector's competitive position and creates consensus on how to improve its performance and profitability. Members represent multiple commodities and a wide cross section of the Canadian organic value chain including producers, processors, distributors, retailers, food service and exporters, as well as provincial and federal government representatives.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following task forces address challenges in the sector and develop action plans in strategic areas.
- Increasing Supply
- Research Needs Assessment
- Carbon Sequestration and Pricing
- Organic Public Trust
- Strategic Planning
The next Roundtable meeting will take place February 28 to March 1, 2018 in Ottawa, Ontario.
Meeting summary – Records of Decision
- Paddy Doherty – West Enderby Farms Ltd.
- Sandra Gagné – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Allison Grant – Southfield Organics
- Andrew Hammermeister – Organic Agriculture Centre of Canada, Dalhousie University
- Becky Lipton – Organic Alberta
- Marie-Eve Levert – USC Canada
- Tia Loftsgard – Canada Organic Trade Association
- Connie Kehler – Canadian Herb, Specialty Ag and Natural Health Product Coalition
- Dag Flack – Natures Path Foods Inc.
- Jérôme-Antoine Brunelle – Union des producteurs agricoles
- Keith Everts – Diamond Willow Range
- Lisa Mumm – Mumm’s Sprouting Seeds
- Ashley St Hilaire – Canadian Organic Growers
- Marion McBride – Organic Connections
- Sally Bernard – Barnyard Organics, ACORN
- Sally Blackman – Canadian Produce Marketing Association
- Janice Melanson – Atlantic Canadian Organic Regional Network (ACORN)
- Tom Manley – Homestead Organics
- François Handfield – Ferme aux petits oignons
- Tim Rundle – Creative Salmon
- Dunling Wang – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Laurie Adrien – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food
- Keri Sharpe – Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development
- Laura Telford – Manitoba Department of Agriculture
- Nicolas Turgeon – Agriculture, Pêcheries et Alimentation Québec
- Susan Smith – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Anna North – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Valeriya Staykova – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Marie-Claire Hurteau – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Date modified: