Food Processing Industry Roundtable
The food processing industry is one of the largest manufacturing industries in Canada, providing employment for a quarter of a million Canadians and producing shipments worth $112.4 billion in 2016. It accounts for 18% of total manufacturing shipments and 2% of the national Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
The food processing industry is an integral part of the Canadian food supply chain as it purchases 38% of the Canadian agricultural production and sells over 60% of its output to Canadian retailers and foodservice providers.
- understand the challenges and opportunities facing the industry as well as the state of the business environment in Canada
- develop industry-government actions to improve the competitiveness, profitability and growth of the industry
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place on December 7 to 8, 2017.
Meeting summary – Record of Decision
Executive Steering Committee Members
- Daniel Vielfaure – Bonduelle Americas
- Nada Semaan – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Cloutier – Conseil de la transformation alimentaire du Québec
- Joe Makowecki – Heritage Frozen Foods
- Doug Alexander – Ippolito Fruit and Produce
- John Kelly – Food to Market Incorporated
- Rory McAlpine – Maple Leaf Foods
- Mark Pickard – InfraReady Products (1998) Limited
- Marco Valicenti - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Sylvie Millette LeDuc – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Warren Gould – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Anne Kennedy - Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Joann Perron – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Ron Gerold – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
The list of innovation organizations is a list of Canadian organizations that lists a wide variety of universities, research centres and institutes that specialize in food innovation.
- Date modified: