Beef Value Chain Roundtable
The Canadian beef industry is a global leader known for its premium products, world-renowned genetics, innovation as well as its investments in food safety and quality. The Beef Value Chain Roundtable fosters collaborative industry-government action to secure an enduring competitive advantage for Canada in domestic and international markets. It also, fosters efficiency through innovation and research, supported by a strong regulatory framework to address challenges such as labour and antimicrobial resistance.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email us at email@example.com.
National Beef Value Chain Research Committee, comprised of industry, provincial and federal members, focuses on collaboration and development of the National Beef Research Strategy.
The next Roundtable meeting will take place on May 8 to 9, 2018 in Ottawa Ontario.
Meeting summary – Records of Decision
- Dennis Laycraft – Canadian Cattlemen's Association
- Francesco Del Bianco – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Geoff Smolkin – West Coast Reduction Ltd.
- Graham Clarke – Canadian Renderers Association
- Melissa Dumont – Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
- Bob Lowe – Alberta Beef Producers
- Philippe Alain – Les Producteurs de bovins du Québec
- Dan Darling – Canadian Cattlemen's Association
- Matt Bowman – Beef Farmers of Ontario
- Cedric MacLeod / Doug Wray – Canadian Forage and Grasslands Association
- Ryan Thompson – National Cattle Feeders Association
- Brian Keunen – Canadian Veal Association
- Guy Seguin – Dairy Farmers of Canada
- Rich Vesta – Harmony Beef Inc.
- Andrea Brocklebank – Beef Cattle Research Council
- Alan Schlachter – Canadian Meat Council
- Nathan Pinney – Maritime Beef Council
- Tyler Bjornson – JBS Canada
- Jim Smolik – Cargill Limited
- John Ferraro – Retail Ready Foods
- Francois Bouchard – Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers
- Duane Ellard – Canada Beef Inc.
- Michael Latimer – Canadian Beef Breeds Council
- Michael Hall – Canadian Livestock Genetics Association
- Grant Zalinko – Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Tim Metzger / Christoph Wand – Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Donna Mauro / Jamie Curran – Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development Forestry
- Carlyle Bennett – Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
- Geneve Jasper – British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Damien Chaput – Quebec Ministry of Agriculture
- Donald Boucher – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Julie Dawson – Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Geoff Adams – Global Affairs Canada
- Mark Samadhin – Public Health Agency of Canada
- Jaspinder Komal – Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Connie Zagrosh – Health Canada
Research – National Beef Research Strategy
An analysis of research capacity, activities, funding and needs for Canada's beef industry and the research capacity and activities of competitor nations. The results of this work contributed to the formulation of a Beef Science Cluster
Author: Beef Cattle Research Council
Date: June 2012
Roundtable research reports are available by special request by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Industry Engagement Division reserves the right to withhold documents that contain sensitive or proprietary information.
- Date modified: